Transfer Files to Switch via Wi-Fi (FTP)
This guide will show you how to transfer files to your Nintendo Switch via Wi-Fi without removing your SD card using a homebrew called FTPD by mtheall. Transferring smaller files over your Wi-Fi connection will make simple tasks like installing homebrew much quicker, as you will no longer need to remove your SD card or power off your Switch.
FTPD requires a local Wi-Fi connection, however you should never connect to the internet using custom firmware without blocking Nintendo servers to avoid being banned. Use 90DNS or Incognito to block Nintendo servers.
Nintendo Switch with Custom Firmware
- The ftpd homebrew application requires a hacked switch with CFW such as Atmosphere
- You cannot run homebrew applications with unhacked or stock Switch consoles
- This guide assumes you have all the basic requirements to enter RCM and boot into CFW
Connecting to Switch via FTP
/switch/folder on your SD card
- Insert your SD card into your Switch and push your preferred payload to enter CFW
- Ensure your Switch is connected to your Wi-Fi network
- From the Home screen, launch the Album to access the Homebrew MenuSome CFW setups may require you to hold [R] or [L] to open the Homebrew Menu from the Album
- Select [FTPD]
- Make a note of the blue numbers that appear at the top of the screen (your local ip address)
- On your PC file browser, enter the ip address with the
- The Switch SD files should now appear on your PC