ChoiDujourNX - Offline Switch Firmware Updates and exFAT Driver Install (No Burned Fuses)
ChoidujourNX by rajkosto is a powerful homebrew software for Nintendo Switch that allows you to update and downgrade your console's firmware while completely offline, provided you have the firmware update file on your SD. Updating firmware offline means you can enjoy the latest games without having to connect to the Nintendo servers.
Nintendo Switch with Custom Firmware
- The ChoidujourNX homebrew application requires a hacked switch with CFW such as Atmosphere
- You cannot run homebrew applications with unhacked or stock Switch consoles
- This guide assumes you have all the basic requirements to enter RCM and boot into CFW
Nintendo Switch Firmware Update File
- You will need the Switch Update File for the target firmware you wish to update/downgrade to
- Extract the ChoiDujourNX
/switch/folder on your SD card
- Create a folder called
updateon the root of your SD card
- Extract the contents of the update file
/update/folder you created
- Insert your SD card into your Switch and push your preferred payload to boot into CFW
- From the Home screen, launch the Album to access the Homebrew MenuSome CFW setups may require you to hold [R] or [L] to open the Homebrew Menu from the Album
Manually Updating Firmware (or exFAT Install)
- Launch ChoiDujourNX
- Select the
/update/folder containing the update files
- Touch the [Choose] button
- Select the normal or exFAT (recommended) version for the updateThe exFAT version grants compatibility with exFAT formatted SD cards. This is recommended even if you wish to use a FAT32 SD card.
- Wait for the firmware files to be analyzed and touch the [Select firmware] button
- Wait for the firmware files to be processed and touch the [Start installation]It is important to ensure that Auto-RCM is enabled before rebooting to prevent your Switch from booting directly into the stock Switch firmware and burning your fuses, which would prevent your ability to downgrade to an earlier firmware.
- Once the installation is complete, touch the [Reboot] button then [Reboot now!] to restart the Switch
- Your Switch should now be updated to the new firmware, confirm the changes in [Settings] -> [System]
Congratulations on offline updating your system firmware or installing the exFAT driver. You can now enjoy the latest Nintendo Switch games without having to connect to the official Nintendo servers.