Tinfoil - Installing Game Files (NSP) From PC via USB
In addition to HBG Shop and all its wonderful features, Tinfoil also allows you to install your .nsp game files directly from your PC via USB connection. This is currently the fastest way to install
.nsp files as you do not need to remove your SD or wait for copy and install times. This guide will show you how to setup Tinfoil + NUT Server for fast
.nsp game title installs.
Tinfoil can also install
.NSZ file formats.
Nintendo Switch with Custom Firmware
- The ftpd homebrew application requires a hacked switch with CFW such as Atmosphere
- You cannot run homebrew applications with unhacked or stock Switch consoles
- This guide assumes you have all the basic requirements to enter RCM and boot into CFW
- Tinfoil will be required to connect to the NUT Server application
- Games can be installed to the Switch’s internal storage or to the MicroSD
- 128GB or more is recommended for storing games
- USB Dongle that can be used to boot your Switch into Atmosphere without a PC or USB cable
- RCM Jig Included
- Compatible with emuMMC / Stock OS Dual Boot for safer online play
- Add or Update payloads (.bin files) via USB
- Enter coupon code NOTEGRA for a $5 discount
Install USB Driver + Prepare Tinfoil
tinfoil_driver.exeto install the USB driverIf a Windows Defender prompt appears, click [More info] -> [Run Anyway] to proceed
- On your Switch, launch Tinfoil
- Go to [Options] and scroll down and select [Install Unsigned Code]
- Press [Up] -> [Up] -> [Down] -> [Down] -> [Left] -> [Right] -> [Left] -> [Right] -> [B] -> [A] -> [+]This lock is designed to protect you from installing malicious files that may damage your Switch, unfortunately it is required to remove it if you wish install game files converted from physical cartridges in Tinfoil. Unlocking this means you must be cautious of where you obtain your games and always think twice before installing.
Congratulations, you’ve now installed the Tinfoil USB driver so your Switch will be able to connect to your PC via USB. Now you can launch Tinfoil and begin installing game files from your PC.
Installing Games via USB with Tinfoil + NUT
- Connect your Switch to your PC via USB and Launch Tinfoil
nut.exein the same folder as your
.nspgame files and launch the application
- NUT will open a black window with a squirrel and a second window showing the
.nspfiles in the folder
- On your Switch in Tinfoil, go to [File Browser] and select [usbfs:/]
- Browse to the location of your NSP games and press the [Right Thumbstick] to pin the location in tinfoil
- You will now be able to locate your .nsp game files in the Tinfoil [File Browser] for installation
- Once your game is installed, you may launch it from the Switch Home menu
.nspfiles quickly from your PC via USB.