Homebrew App Store for Switch
The Switch Homebrew App Store by vmgoose is a growing online repository containing various Switch homebrew applications. This guide will show you how to install homebrew to your Switch without removing your SD card or powering off your console.
You can visit apps.fortheusers.org to access the Switch Homebrew App Store from your PC.
Homebrew App Store for Switch requires a local Wi-Fi connection, however you should never connect to the internet using custom firmware without blocking Nintendo servers to avoid being banned. Use 90DNS or Incognito to block Nintendo servers.
Nintendo Switch with Custom Firmware
- The Homebrew App Store requires a hacked switch with CFW such as Atmosphere
- You cannot run homebrew applications with unhacked or stock Switch consoles
- This guide assumes you have all the basic requirements to enter RCM and boot into CFW
Install Homebrew App Store
- Extract the contents of
switch-extracttosd.zipto the root of your SD
- Insert your SD card into your Switch and push your preferred payload to boot into CFW
- From the Home screen, launch the Album to access the Homebrew MenuSome CFW setups may require you to hold [R] or [L] to open the Homebrew Menu from the Album
Installing Homebrew Applications
- Launch Homebrew App Store
- Browse or search for the application you wish to install
- Press the [A] button to download the app
- Once complete, press [Home] to return to the Switch Home menu
- Launch the Album to access the Homebrew Menu and find your new application
Congratulations, you can now download and install Switch homebrew applications without using a PC. The Switch homebrew community is very active and cool new homebrew is always being released, check the Homebrew App Store regularly for new releases and updates.