PS4 Cheater - Create Your Own Cheats (5.05)
PS4Cheater is a homebrew application that allows you to search the PlayStation 4’s memory for numerical values that can be edited during gameplay; essentially functioning as a cheat engine. PS4Cheater runs from your Windows PC and communicates with the PS4 over your local area network. This guide will show you how to search for values and create cheats for your games using PS4Cheater.
PlayStation 4 on Firmware 5.05
- Firmware 5.05 is required to access the web exploit to install
.pkggames and run the PS4 Cheater payload
- PS4’s on lower firmware should update manually via USB storage
- There is currently no known way to downgrade your PS4 firmware
- A PC is required to run the PS4 Cheater application
Local Area Connection
- PS4 Cheater requires your PS4 and PC to be on the same network
Setting Up PS4 Cheater
- Power on your PS4
- Go to [Settings] -> [Network] -> [View Connection Status] and make a note of your [IP Address]
- Launch PS4 Cheater on your PCWindows Defender may open a window, click [More info] and select [Run anyway]
- Enter your PS4’s IP address
- On your PS4, go to [Settings] -> [User’s Guide / Helpful Info] -> [User’s Guide] to launch the web exploit pageYou will need to change your DNS settings to access the web exploit page via the [User’s Guide].
- Select [5.05] -> [Bin Loader]
- The window will display [Awaiting Payload…]
- In PS4 Cheater, click [Send Payload] and a green message will appear at the bottom of the window saying [Payload injected successfully!]
- On your PS4, press the [PS] button to go back to the Home menu
- Go to [Settings] -> [User’s Guide / Helpful Info] -> [User’s Guide] to launch the web exploit page
- Select [5.05] -> [HEN 2.1]If you receive any errors such as [There is not enough free system memory.], reload the exploit page and try again. Deleting browser cookies and website data from the Internet Browser settings may increase success rate.
- Press the [PS] button when it is successful and launch your chosen game from the Home menu
Creating Your Cheats
- In PS4 Cheater, click [Refresh Processes] and select [eboot.bin] from the drop-down menu above
- Check [Select All] below the list of processes
- Find a numerical value in your game that you wish to edit such as health points, currency or quantity of an item
- Enter the [Value] that you wish to manipulate
- Select [4 bytes]You may wish to experiment with other options such as [2 bytes] or [float] if you do not find your desired results. Parameters that are not represented numerically such as health bars are commonly found as [float] point values.
- Select [Exact Value]You can select the [Unknown Initial Value] in cases where you do not know the exact value to enter, i.e. values that are not represented numerically in the game’s UI.
- Click [First Scan]The first scan can take a while as it scans the entire PS4 memory, please allow some time for it to complete. You can click [Stop] at any time to bring up the list of current results
- A list of results will appear on the left side after PS4 Cheater scans the PS4’s memory
- Change your chosen value in the PS4 game, i.e. lose health, spend currency or use an item
- Enter the new [Value] after carrying out your actionYou may wish to use options such as [Decreased Value] or [Changed Value] if you do not know the new numerical value.
- Click [Next Scan]
- The list of results on the left should filter down as PS4 Cheater scans your memoryYou can repeat the steps of changing the value in-game and clicking [Next Scan] with the new [Value] to filter down your results continuously. If you do not know the [Exact Value], search options such as [Decreased Value] or [Increased Value] are recommended for finding values that are not represented numerically in the game’s UI.
- Right click the result and select [Add to Cheat List]
- You can now edit the [Value] in the cheat list to manipulate the numerical values in-gameYou can check [Lock] to lock the value in-game, essentially giving you infinite health or currency etc as the value will not change.
PS4 Games and Homebrew
- Convert PS2 .iso disc images to .pkg files that can be installed on your homebrew enabled (HEN) PS4
- Enable Remote Play on your 5.05 PS4 without signing into the PlayStation Network
- Play games directly from your external HDD by configuring it as an extended storage device