VPN - Protect Your Privacy
This article with give you a short summary of what a VPN is and how you can use one hide your IP to download backups safely.
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) allows you to connect to the internet through a secure network in another location. It will appear as if you are connecting to the internet from the location of the private network's server, your IP and other identifying information will change accordingly. The VPN will prevent your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or any external third-parties from spying and extracting information leaked to the internet by your computer.
- IP Address
- Geographic Location and Timezone
- Internet Service Provider
- Operating System, Browser and Device
Visit browserleaks.com and run the IP check to see how your information is being exposed to the internet.
ExpressVPN is one of the fastest growing VPN providers, quickly creating a gap with the competition with to their outstanding speeds and reliable service. Expect consistency, great 24/7 customer support and multi-platform compatibility (Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux) with ExpressVPN. Try ExpressVPN now, 30 day money-back guarantee with no questions asked.
ExpressVPN offer a trial in the form of a 30 day money-back guarantee, with no questions asked if you are not satisfied with the product and cancel the service within the 30 day window.
ExpressVPN is optimised for various uses and provides a reliable service with 24/7 support. It also features a kill-switch that will stop all internet activity if you are disconnected from the VPN and prevent your true IP addressed from being leaked during the downtime.
Express VPN Benefits:
- Protect online identify and hide IP address
- Blocks ads and malware that target your IP (Remote Desktop attacks)
- Protection when using public Wi-Fi
- Bypass regional blocks of online stores and streaming services
- Bypass ISP censorship and accessed blocked websites
- Use BitTorrent in countries where its banned or remove throttling imposed by your ISP
ExpressVPN is incredibly easy to setup once installed, simply open the application and select the server location you would like to connect to. The Options page is also very simple and easy to understand, with a setting to activate the VPN only for specific apps instead of the entire internet connection.
ExpressVPN can be used to bypass regional blocks that prevent access to certain online services or websites such as the PlayStation Store, Netflix or YouTube. These services often block or restrict your access based on your location. With a VPN, an Australian customer can buy a game from the USA Steam Store and possibly have access to earlier release dates or lower prices. Popular online services will be completely region-lock free with ExpressVPN's access to over 150 server locations. Simply connect to the server location corresponding to the region-locked online service that you'd wish to use.
Use a VPN and Download Games Safely
Downloading games can be a daunting task due to risks of malware and legal issues concerning game backups or ROMs. These short guides will help you learn how to confidently search the internet and find game backup files reliably.
- Finding download links via search engines
- Downloading from file hosts such as 1Fichier, MEGA or Google Drive
- Bypassing File Host download limits
- Converting Base64 links
- Download games directly to PC using App
- Currently available for Wii U and PSX, PSP, PS3, PS Vita
- Download quickly directly from Nintendo / Sony servers
- Tinfoil for Nintendo Switch
- PKGj for PS Vita
- Setting Up qBittorrent with ExpressVPN
- Not recommended without trusted source or private tracker
- Great for PC games (CODEX / Fit-Girl Repacks)