Install PS4 Game Backups and DLC (.pkg files) on 5.05
This guide will show you how to install PS4 game backups and DLC files using the Package Installer on your 5.05 Homebrew Enabled PS4. PS4 backups come in the form of
.pkg files and require an external USB device to be installed. Your PS4 backups will only run while the HEN exploit is active.
- Firmware 5.05 is required to access the HEN web exploit and install
- PS4's on lower firmware should update manually via USB storage
- There is currently no way to downgrade firmware for PS4
- Old PS4 Bundles released before 2018 can be found with their base firmware 5.05 or below
5.05 HEN Exploit
- You must have the HEN exploit active to access the Package Installer in [★Debug Settings]
- The HEN exploit requires a PS4 on 5.05 firmware
USB Storage Device (64GB+ Recommended)
- A USB storage device with sufficient free space is required to install PS4 backups
Using Package Installer
- Transfer your
.pkgfile to the root of your USB storage device
- Insert the USB storage device into your PS4 and power it on
- Go to [Settings] -> [User's Guide / Helpful Info] -> [User's Guide] to launch the web exploit pageYou will need to change your DNS settings to access the web exploit page via the [User's Guide].
- Select [PS4] -> [HEN]
- Press the [PS] button when the exploit is successfulIf you receive any errors such as [There is not enough free system memory], press the [PS] button then reload the exploit page and try again. Deleting browser cookies and website data from the Internet Browser settings may increase success rate.
- Go to [Settings] -> [★Debug Settings] -> [Game] -> [Package Installer]
- Select the
.pkgfile you want to install, wait for the process to finish
- Press the [PS] button to find your new game at the Home screen
Congratulations, you've installed a
.pkg file using the Package Installer. You will need to have the HEN jailbreak activated to run the installed
.pkg game backup.
PS4 Games and Homebrew
- Convert PS2 .iso disc images to .pkg files that can be installed on your homebrew enabled (HEN) PS4
- Play games directly from your external HDD by configuring it as an extended storage device
- Create your own custom cheats for your PS4 games using this Windows application
- PS4Cheater allows you to edit numerical values in your games, such as currency or item quantity
- Enable Remote Play on your 5.05 PS4 without signing into the PlayStation Network