Install Ensō for Persistent PS Vita Custom Firmware (3.60 / 3.65)
The PS Vita ‘jailbreak’ HENkaku usually needs to be reinstalled after every reboot; while it is usually quite simple to install, it can be considered a small inconvenience. This guide will show you how to make your HENkaku installation permanent using the Ensō hack by TheOfficialFlow; it is compatible with firmware 3.60 and 3.65.
PlayStation Vita with Custom Firmware on 3.60 or 3.65
Vita Homebrew Browser
- You will need to install the Vita Homebrew Browser to easily download and install Ensō for 3.60 or 3.60 without a PC
Downloading Ensō (Via VHBB)
- Launch Vita Homebrew Browser from your LiveArea and wait for the UI to load
- Select the Enso Installer for your firmware (3.60 or 3.65) from the list of homebrew or use ‘search’ in the top right corner
- Select [Download] and wait for the process to complete
- Close the Vita Homebrew Browser and find your new Ensō bubble in the LiveArea
- Go to your LiveArea and launch the new [Ensō] app
- Press [Circle] to accept the terms and press [Circle] again to install. Press any button to reboot when the installation is complete
Congratulations, you’ve successfully installed Ensō for persistent custom firmware. You will no longer have to run the HENkaku exploit every time you reboot your PS Vita.
PS Vita Homebrew and Games
- Autoplugin by theheroGAC is a collection of essential PS Vita homebrew plugins that can be downloaded directly to your PS Vita without a PC
- Adrenaline is a homebrew that completely unlocks the built-in ePSP, allowing for flawless PlayStation Portable emulation that is also compatible with PSP homebrew.
- pkgj by blastrock is a homebrew app that uses the NoPayStation library to download and install Vita, PSP and PSX game backups, DLC and themes directly to your PS Vita
- NoNpDrm allows you to play downloaded game backups, themes and DLC.
- ref00d is a plugin that unlocks 3.61+ games to be played on any firmware, perfect for those who choose to stay on 3.60 but still want to play newer games
- Increase your storage options with the SD2Vita MicroSD adapter and StorageMgr plugin
- MicroSD cards are far cheaper than the PS Vita memory cards and have much larger storage capacity